Saturday, April 27, 2013

Random Notes Saturday

Q: What is one of the first things you learned to do around horses?
A: Move your toes quickly so they don’t get crushed.

I failed this most basic lesson in horse management this week when tight quarters and two creatures with different opinions on which way they should be going met at the foot.  Unfortunately, at this particular meeting point, MY foot was under the pony’s, and this colorful appendage is the result.  Sorry for the gross-out photo.
 
Hey, if my only fracture this season is a toe, I'm good.
In other news, I have been busily using craigslist this morning to post things for sale. Craigslist is one of the most useful inventions for buyers and sellers on the planet, despite it being the brunt of a huge number of (well-deserved) jokes. 

Whenever I post something on it, I remember the painful and expensive days of trying to cram a sensible description of something for sale into a three-line classified ad in the local paper that ended up costing half-a-month’s rent, then waiting a week for it to be published.

Hudson models how amply our hay has filled her belly.
One of these ads includes some hay for sale, so if anyone needs some to carry them over, we have some up available.   Hudson was my model this morning for the hay ad, naturally, since, if I put out a single bale, the other two have no chance of getting near it – not when the Queen is guarding it with every intention of not sharing a single stem. 

It's going to be a great riding weekend in the Twin Tiers, so I hope you all get out there and enjoy!  . 

No comments:

Post a Comment